What Families Will Ask You?
You have decided to continue on the enterprise journey and have a clear idea about the service you will provide, who your customers are and what makes you different. You have the skills, experience and support network to help you on the journey and are in a good personal position to test your ideas. The next step is to develop some systems that will underpin your service. These systems or policies and procedures will ensure that you are able to deliver a high quality, sustainable service that gives people the help they need to live the lives they want. In this lesson we will cover what types of questions families will ask you, areas covered are;
- Who are you? What services do you provide? Why have you set up? What are your values? What makes you different from the others?
- How do we know if we will be a good fit for each other?
- If you are providing personal care as part of your service? Are you registered with the care regulator the Care Quality Commission (CQC) registered? If not why not?
- If you are working under my ‘control’ and ‘direction’ should I be your employer? I want to see proof that you are really self-employed so I will not be liable for any employer responsibility…
- Are you a legitimate business, registered for tax?
- How do I tell you what I help I need, what is important to me and how you can best help me to live the way I want?
- What are everyone’s rights and responsibilities in this arrangement?
- How do I know that you are safe and how can you keep me safe?
- How do we know what you can support me with and what should be left to a registered health professional?
- How do I know you are reliable and professional?
- What information are you going to hold about me? What are you going to do with it, where will you store it?
- How do I offer feedback or complain if I have a problem?